Wednesday, July 25, 2012

chocolate chip cookies, hexies, and the delayed toad effect

I grew up with an older brother.  He did all the usual older brother stuff, including daring me to kiss a toad & then gleefully announcing I was going to get warts.  Let me tell you, I was some relieved when that didn't happen.

What I didn't know then was apparently the toads have a delayed effect, which I'm just now experiencing.  On the bottoms of my feet.  The treatment for which is very very painful.

Since walking is laughably out of the question, I've been spending a lot of time on the couch watching tv with a stack of chocolate chip cookies, a glass of milk, and some fabric to comfort me.  :)
These fabrics, in fact:


The orange dot is DS for Joann's.  The rest are fat quarters that came in a bundle, and not all of them have selvedge edges, but I think there is some It's a Hoot by Momo, AMH innocent crush, and the coffee beans & cups are metro cafe.

But there is one fabric I'd know from a mile away, one I've been hunting for.  Can you see it tucked in there with the rest, looking inconspicuous & all?

Pumpkin Henna Garden!!!!!!!

And yes, I did buy a whole stack of FQs just to get it.  It was totally worth it :)
I have big plans for that PHG, so I set it aside, but the rest have become EPP hexies!



this is my first foray into hexies, and I'm really enjoying it :)
I plan on bringing my hexies to a few parties to show them off, and I'll update this post when I do.
OK, one more reason I love blogland - you can attend some great parties without getting up off the couch and leaving your cookies behind :)  {and birthday cake.  did I mention there is a ton of birthday cake around here?}

WIP wednesday

Live A Colorful Life

9 comments:

Mina said...

Ohhh, that fabric bundle looks great!

Cherie said...

Wow what gorgeous fabrics! Do you think you can grab a bundle of those for me too?
Loving those hexies=D

Toni said...

That fabric bundle looks great! And what a score with the henna garden. I love that print! Sending your poor feet some healing thoughts!

Celtic Thistle said...

It is obviously true, every cloud has a silver lining and those fabrics and hexies are a great silver lining!

Melissa Corry said...

Such cute little hexies!!!

Live a Colorful Life said...

Henna Garden is one of my ALL-TIME favorite prints. Those cups are pretty cute.

Thanks for linking up on the inaugural edition of Really Random!

Jess said...

I just got into hexies as well. I was always intimidated, but they were super easy once I started! What do you plan to use them for?

Nic said...

Those hexis are going to make a very cheerful looking project when they come together

FarahLin said...

Lovely prints and colours you've got there - love the hexies too! How big are they and what will you make with them?