Sunday, June 29, 2014

wearing patchwork makes me happy!

patchwork quilt skirt

After procrastinating finishing the hem for so long it's silly, my patchwork skirt is now done! :)

skirt in tree

is hanging a skirt in a tree sillier than picnicing pillows?  I think perhaps it is.  and you know what?  I like taking silly pictures :)

patchwork plaid

I bought the fabric from Joanns probably three years ago, it was a pre-made patchwork so making my skirt was actually very simple.  The pattern was Flirting the Issue by AMH.  Another yard and a half out of my stash! :)

linking up to Quilt Story, show and tell tuesday
stitch by stitch


Ella and Nesta said...

It looks very pretty! And the tree photo is perfect for summer!

Kaja said...

My DP has a thing for patchwork print shirts, but they are nowhere near as pretty as this!

Tina Short said...

Loving the skirt. I remember 40 something years ago making a patchwork maxi skirt in the school summer holidays. I made 5" squares of several different weight fabrics, folded over newspaper (!?!)and stitched them together by hand. I actually wore public. Wish I'd kept it for posterity!

Janine said...

This really is a lovely happy skirt :)